Slab leaks are water leaks that occur under the concrete slab of your home. These can be particularly frustrating and difficult because they are under the concrete. Early detection, and action, is key to minimizing damage and frustration. They can occur in either water or sewer lines. If you even suspect a problem, give us a call at (714) 397-5954 to assess your situation.
What causes slab leaks?
Slab leaks may be caused by a small leak in a copper water line under the concrete slab of your home. This requires a professional service technician. You may have a slab leak if you hear water running when all water is turned off, or if you feel a hot spot on the concrete – this could be caused by a hot water leak.
Reliable Slab Repair Service
If you think you may have a slab leak our residential slab leak detection and repair service technicians will identify the problem using the latest technology and provide reliable slab repair service.
Slab Leak Warning Signs
- Hot spots One early method of slab leak detection is a consistently hot area of your floor. If you notice a hot area of your carpet or flooring, this would mean a hot water line has burst. For problems other than a hot water line, you need to be alerted by other signs.
- Water coming up from the slab or ground Seeing pools of water means you not only have a leak from the pipes but there is such a volume of water that it is now leaking through the floor and walls of your home.
- Cracks in the foundation – Large amounts of water can move your foundation, this in turn may create cracks. You may see the cracks in the outdoor foundation of your home or in the walls or floors. The cracks mean the foundation of your home is moving. This a big, flashing warning sign of a slab leak.
- Smell of mildew or damp spots – The smell of mold or mildew could be an alert to water damage in your home. Often you smell the odor before you identify the mold and the leak itself.
- Backup of sinks, toilets, tubs or showers – This could mean a water line is broken
- Sound of running water – Do you think you hear water running when nothing is turned on? Get the house very quiet and listen carefully. The sound of water running without any identifying reason is a common identifier of a slab leak. That sound could be water running out of a crack in the pipes inside the slab foundation.
- An unusually high water bill – Have you noticed a spike in your water bill? You thought about it but didn’t do any excessive watering of the garden, didn’t fill the swimming pool..what could it be? If you cannot identify what may be causing the excess water usage, it may be an undetected slab leak.