Have a slow-draining sink, clogged drain, or other issues with a build-up in your pipes? Hydro jetting may be the best solution for you. Let’s dive into the pros and cons of hydro jetting to help you decide if this is right for you.
What is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting is utilizing highly pressurized water to remove grime and build-up in your pipes. This method can break down tough sludge stuck in your pipes and help water run smoothly again. Essentially, this shoots water through your pipes at such a high pressure that it can clear away nearly any obstructions.
The Process of Hydro Jetting
If you hire a professional plumber to clear out your pipes, they will use a hose connected to a machine to create intense water pressure. But, before they start the process they will conduct a video inspection to check out the condition of your home’s piping system. If the pipes are old, this method will not work, as the pressure can break pipes if they are structurally unsound. If your pipes are in good condition, then the plumber will continue with their plan to hydro jet the grime away. A professional plumber will know the perfect amount of pressure to apply in order to remove the sludge without damaging the pipes. It’s essential to work with an experienced plumber when committing to hydro jetting, as it can cause severe damage if done incorrectly.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Hydro Jetting
- It unclogs everything, as opposed to a snake drain that may only offer a temporary solution.
- It is non-invasive, meaning no ground has to be broken in order for this to work.
- It is safe, especially if you are working with an experienced contractor.
- It is environmentally friendly since there are no harsh chemicals involved; this is a sustainable solution to clogged pipes.
- It can damage old pipes.
- It is not a project that can be DIY’ed. You will need a professional to perform hydro jetting.
- It uses an excessive amount of water.
Services with Pristine Plumbing
If you suspect that your pipes are clogged up, or it’s been a long time since you know your pipes have been thoroughly cleaned, then it may be time to call in a plumber to hydro jet your plumbing system. In the greater Orange County area, call Pristine Plumbers to get the job done right. The plumbing experts at Pristine can handle any situation with care.